Optimization of Application of Low Cost, Open Source & Open Content
- INS: Promotion of online courses of open source software, especially for these specialized software (scientific, GIS, databases, etc). Could be interesting to create within the AT6FUI web page a section of advertisement about the number of online courses of GIS, database, statistics, etc. AT6FUI web could be an important educational node implemented with financial support from UNOOSA.(submitted by Alexandre Ribo)
- Improve Capacity Building for Open Source Software Application GRASS - R -Bundle for Spatial Analysis
- Identify next steps towards Low Cost Water Monitoring - Water Quality Check
- Create an Sourceforge Project for Navit Extension as Decision Support Client for Crowd Sourcing and Access to tailored Risk and Resource Information.
- Low Cost Monitoring technology may have less accuracy in comparison to high cost technology. Low cost could help to cover large areas in developing countries where Public Health Monitoring and Early Warning is currently not possible. So the impact on Public Health Risk Mitigation might be higher than high cost technology. It is recommended to compare methodologies not only by accuracy but also in terms of spatial applicability in developing countries with financial constraints.